Sunday, November 15, 2009

#2 Lab




To whoever is reading this,
I am a 10th grade student at Northern high school and for my civics and economics project I wrote about these three political beliefs.
I have mixed feelings about abortion. I believe that if a woman gets raped, she should have the choice to get an abortion. Also if a woman finds out when she is pregnant, that her baby is going to be severely mentally retarded or has no chance of surviving, she should get an abortion so that the baby won’t suffer when he or she is born. I’m also kind of against it too. I believe that if a sixteen-year-old gets pregnant, she shouldn’t get an abortion because there are many mothers out there who would love to adopt that baby. I also believe that abortion should NOT be used as a birth control.
I’m for the death penalty. I believe the purpose of the death penalty is to remove someone from society who would cause more harm, to deter others from committing crime, to punish the criminal, and to take retribution on behalf of the victim.
I’m against the war in Iraq. I believe the U.S should withdraw its troops from Iraq because it would save the lives of many American troops and allow them to go home. It may also motivate terrorists to stop attacking innocent civilians in Iraq. Also, Iraq is no longer the direct threat to the U.S that was under Saddam, and so we have no business fighting in its civil war.
If you would like to, you can respond with an email and send it to the email posted above. You can share your views and put what you think about those topics.
HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment